weight loss ticker

Followers

A message from Kathy-Lifetime Member,



So glad you stopped by to visit today. I hope you find something useful, thought provoking, motivational or just entertaining about my blog. I would be so pleased if you would leave a comment or two and please come back often.



Thank you to all my weight loss friends!!



Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weigh in results.

Well, I went to my W/Ws meeting this morning and lost .8 lbs.  Still in the right direction but so so little.  I was very disapointed but then I got to thinking...why am I in such a hurry to get to my goal???  Once I get there nothing is going to change.  I will still have to plan my meals and be accountable for all the points I eat.  Somewhere in the back of my brain it is thinking that I can finally stop all the planning and tracking and just eat what I want....but that's not how I am going to handle it because I know that I will just gain all the weight back again like I always have in the past.  I don't want to be a repeat offender anymore!!!  I will just have to resolve myself to the fact that I need to handle food this way always.  I am not someone who can play around with food like in the past and I have seen the result countless times!!  I really want this time to be different and never gain the weight back again!!  I should be glad it is taking me so long to lose it because if I'm always trying to lose and as long as the scale is going in the correct direction then I am not gaining.  That is a plus!! So good for me I lost .8 lbs this week and I earned every bit of it!!!

I have learned that I can't use any extra points though.  All during the week last week I was ther perfect Weight Watcher.  I tracked everything,  Kept right at my 29 points each day and got in 30 mins of cardio every day and strength training every other day. The scale showed that I had lost 3 lbs by Saturday morning. I had all 49 points and some activity points left over on the weekend so I used up half of them on some snacks.  The next day the scale jumped right back up and stayed there for a .8 loss this week.  So I am gonna see what happens next week when I don't use any extras.  I will let you know.
My challenge for this week will be my son's 13th birthday.  I will not go without a piece of BD cake.  I will just have to plan for it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    So far on the new program, I have not been eating the extra points either and another Life Time member said she doesn't use them. Only for my birthday have I used any of the extra points. I wonder if WW is going to have to adjust this down a bit in order for people to lose more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caron, I'm hoping they will come to that conclusion but for now we will have to tweek it ourselves until we get to a formular that is more acceptable for our individual metabolisms. It used to be so much easier to lose weight 20 years ago...LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by today
to look at what I have to say!
Hugs!!!
Kathy