weight loss ticker

Followers

A message from Kathy-Lifetime Member,



So glad you stopped by to visit today. I hope you find something useful, thought provoking, motivational or just entertaining about my blog. I would be so pleased if you would leave a comment or two and please come back often.



Thank you to all my weight loss friends!!



Saturday, February 5, 2011

Walk 500 miles!!!

I have decided to challenge myself to walk 500 miles this year.  From now on I will wear a pedometer from the time I get up in the morning and it will be the last thing I take off before climbing into bed each night.  I will count all my steps/miles for the day. (see my new ticker above) I do a lot of walking for exercise...I did 40 mins of formal walking for exercise today but was on my feet all night at work and it really adds up.  I strive for 10,000 steps a day.  Today I did 13,142 or 5.81 miles.  No wonder my feet ache!!!  We never realize just how much we walk each day.  I think everyone should wear a pedometer and strive for 10,000 steps a day.  There's a challenge for you all!!!  Who is in?  I find that when I'm wearing the pedometer that I find ways to make extra steps for myself so that I can get my 10,000.  I park far away in parking lots, take the stairs instead of elevators, take only 2 bags of groceries in the house at a time instead of trying to string all those plastic bags around my arms so I can make it in one trip.  If I take a formal walk...at least 30 mins. then it is usually pretty easy to get all the rest of my required steps in on that day.  OK so you all heard it...I will walk 500 miles this year!!  The challenge is on!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have a pedometer in my purse. It has been in there about two months. lol I suppose it would be more useful if I wore it, huh? I will put it on and report my steps in one of my blogposts later this week. Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. andi...Will look forward to seeing your progress!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by today
to look at what I have to say!
Hugs!!!
Kathy