weight loss ticker

Followers

A message from Kathy-Lifetime Member,



So glad you stopped by to visit today. I hope you find something useful, thought provoking, motivational or just entertaining about my blog. I would be so pleased if you would leave a comment or two and please come back often.



Thank you to all my weight loss friends!!



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Who inspires you?

Is there someone in your life that has been in inspiration to you as far as losing weight and living healthy?

For me it is a husband and wife who I have seen walking together since I was a first grader going to school on the bus.  I would see them every morning in the sunshine and rain.  Cold and hot.  Snow or not.  They were walking every day together.  I saw them faithfully every morning for years and years.  After a few years my bus route changed and I did not see them anymore but as the years went by in my travels through town   I have seen them out together doing their daily ritual. I am almost 51 years old now and I saw them the other day, STILL out together walking. They were walking to the local super market here in town which is about 1 1/2 miles from their home. 3 miles round trip. (I knew where they lived because their son's were a friend of my brother in highschool ). This couple is now in their early 80s and doing almost a 5K nearly every day.  They made a lifetime commitment to taking care of themselves and just look at the results!  They are mobile, they are thin, they are healthy, they look great, they are enjoying there senior years and they will probably live well into their 100s.  What an inspiration to us all!!  That is where I want to be when I'm 80.
Now that's commitement, that's perseverance and they are living proof of it's rewards!!!  Just look at them go!!

I've been walking and biking in my neighborhood for nearly 20 years now and I hope that someday someone will think of me as I think of  that couple.  You never know who is watching you!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute story. Being able to spend my golden years with my wife is a big reason I keep going. I woun;t beable to do that if i stay at this weight. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by today
to look at what I have to say!
Hugs!!!
Kathy